Friday 18 March 2016

Year 3 Music: Good, Better, Best


Over the last term, Miss Vlasic's class have been following a recorder course in their music lessons. Some of our Year 3 pupils had never held a recorder or played an instrument before, so they have made impressive progress. Firstly, they learnt how to hold the recorder and learnt the names of all the different parts. Then, the children learnt how to play the note 'B' and how to read the note on a piece of music. As they improved, Miss Vlasic introduced the note 'A'.

Yannis said "I had never played a recorder before but I have been enjoying it so much my mum bought me one and I have been practising my 'A' and 'B' notes at home."

Arabella said "I was so excited when I found out we were going to learn how to play the recorder, this song has been my favourite to learn because it has a mixture of notes and pauses and we also get to sing."

Veer said "Now I know how to play an instrument, I feel really happy as I know how to play a range of songs, my favourites were 'Shakes and Breaks' and 'Strictly B'."

Miss Vlasic said "I am so proud of my class and how enthusiastic they have been about learning an instrument. It has been a pleasure to watch their progress, to see them all working together and playing in time."